31. All of us are looking forward to having _______ blue sky, because the air is heavily polluted around us.
A. a B an C the
32. Jack is a stay-at-home child and his grandparents have to look after ______.
A it B. him C. them
33. Although he is dead, he is still living _______ us.
A. in front of B. among C. between
34. The police warned the citizens not _______ out alone at night, for a group of robbers are being looked for.
A. go B. to go C. going
35. —Hi, Jim, can you tell ______________?
—Of course, good news, you’ve passed it.
A. if I have passed the exam
B when I’ll take part in the exam
C. how can I pass the exam
36. —Is the boy playing football over there Li Lei?
—It _______ be him. He fell off the bike and hurt his legs yesterday.
A. may not B. can’t C. mustn’t
37. He never gives up ________ there is a hard way to go in front of him.
A. when B. if C. though
38. Joe is working harder, so his garden is ________ than any other’s in the city.
A. beautiful B. more beautiful C. the most beautiful
39. The book ______ you borrowed from the library must be returned on time, or you’ll be fined.
A. that B. it C. who
40. Great changes ________ in Hefei in recent years.
A. are taking place B. have taken place C. took place